Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ghareck Hodgson’s Krazy Kane review


I first encountered Orson Wells’s Citizen Kane, sometime in the year 2011. I downloaded it illegally, and I watched it on my computer. I had a couple thoughts when I first watched it: It had an awesome title screen, and it was black N’ white. Later, as it slowly fades to Kane’s room, I noticed I had seen it ripped off from The Simpsons. I soon put together what the story was going to be about. Before I watched it, I was wondering, what the heck is it about? According to IMDB or what I read it was a biography of an old newspaper tycoon, so I wasn’t too interested. To me It was kind of like It’s a Wounderful life, not in plot, but it had a lot of business in it. I don’t like movie’s with business in it, Though both you can understand without being a super smart person. Both stories had business, but were not, business driven. 
My honest thoughts on the movie is: it was pre grand. I like the crazy angles in it, and the zooms. I think it was pretty zany to have as many zooms as he did. It is also kind of cool that it is Mr. Well’s first movie, and it was such a great one. The story is lossely based on some other guy I don’t care to search for. Other than that, it is a story by Mr. Wells. PRETTY RADICAL DUDE. That is one reason. !!!!!!!!


My second reason is that... it has a great plot. In the story it takes part in modern times, but most of the movies are taking place in the past. So, it is about a reporter having to find out what the dying words of our main man Charles Foster kane. Sounds kind of lame, but it is told in a neat way. You get the news real that tells the public life of Charlie. During the story you find out his personal life, and find how troubled he was. I don’t think he was a nice man at all. Mr. Kane was a bit of a meanie head. Over all it has a great plot and it is told in a great way. 

I also know it’s a great movie because it is in pop culture a lot. The Simpsons’ rip it off a lot, to the point that they base characters off Kane. Family Guy does too, but Family guy probably did because The Simpsons did.  A lot of people know the ending to the film with out even seeing it.  I honestly did’t know the ending, but most people do.

CITEZEN KANE over all in my eyes is a grand ol’ film.  I would recommend it to people, and I would DEFF WATCH AGAIN. 
                                                                    THE END !!







No comments:

Post a Comment